Thursday, June 5, 2008

I have heard voices for sixty years and nowadays teach people how to do it

From Mindfields College Blog


Catherine Walker
// Apr 24, 2008 at 9:15 pm

"I have heard voices for sixty years and nowadays teach people how to do it. There are many myths surrounding it and very little knowledge.

You will not hear voices because of a ‘curse,’ but because you have a special talent that you don’t understand or know how to control. Think of it like a phone that keeps ringing and you feel impelled to answer in case it’s important. When you take control of your life, you buy an answer machine and delete the junk calls. You only answer the phone when it’s fun.

It never caused me any problems, but it did trouble others who thought I had some sort of infliction. I decided when I was twelve that they were the ones with the problem, not me.

These days people understand it better and for the last few years, I have made a part time business from hearing voices. There are those who want me to tell them what I hear when I talk to their pets, so I work as an animal communicator and even have some clients, who let me help them on a regular basis with their horse or their dog or cat.

If you hear voices, remember that you can choose whom you talk to and you can choose whom you listen to as well. With appropriate help, you can switch them on and off when it suits you to.

Hearing voices should be a pleasure and it should improve the quality of your life. If that isn’t the case, tell the voice in your head that it is time it found something useful to do and find someone that you feel comfortable with to have a chat with instead."

See Catherine's TalkingHorse website here



No comments: